This page (together with the documents referred to on it) provides information about us and the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) on which we supply any services (“Services”) to you. Please read these Terms carefully and make sure you understand them before ordering any Services from us. By ordering Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and any other documents referred to in them. You should print a copy of these Terms for future reference. These Terms shall prevail over any other terms supplied by you unless those terms are expressly signed and accepted by us in writing.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US We are Language Connect, Inc. a corporation duly formed in the State of Delaware, with business offices located at 79 Madison Avenue, Suite 205, New York, NY, 10016 (the “company”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION 2.1 Any personal information you provide to us may be used to: (a) provide the Services; and (b) process your payment for the Services.
3. HOW THE AGREEMENT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US 3.1 Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy Services. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance by sending you an e-mail that confirms that your order has been accepted (“Order Acceptance”) at which point your order becomes an Accepted Order”. The agreement between you and us consists of the Accepted Order and the Terms (“Agreement”). 3.2 The Agreement will relate only to those Services specified in an Accepted Order.
4. THE SERVICES 4.1 Any dates quoted for providing the Services are approximate only and the time of provision of the Services is not of the essence. 4.2 We shall have no liability for any delay in providing the Services, or failure to provide the Services, to the extent that such failure is caused by an Event Outside Our Control (as defined in condition 13) or your failure to provide us with adequate instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Services. 4.3 You accept that a translation Service involves a degree of subjectivity and that, while we endeavour to provide an accurate and idiomatic translation of the original text, this may read differently to good original writing and accordingly, we shall have no liability for any lack of advertising, sales or other impact arising therefrom. 4.4 We shall have no liability for errors in conversion from one system of measurement to another, for transliteration of names and other proper nouns from one script to another or for translation of abbreviations; nor for errors resulting from illegibility of any material supplied by you or for any consequent loss or damage in relation thereto. 4.5 Subject to clauses 4.8 and 4.9, in the case of a material error or omission in work undertaken by us we will, at our option rectify the work provided you have complied with your obligations under the Terms. Please note that you must notify us within 10 working days of the translation delivery date, failing which we shall have no obligation to rectify the work or otherwise compensate you. 4.6 Where the Services involve the submission to you of proofs or texts for approval, we shall not be liable for any errors not corrected by you or any amendments or modifications made by you to such proofs or texts.
4.7 We shall have no liability for any Services which are required by you as a matter of urgency such that there is insufficient time properly to check and edit the relevant translation(s). You accept that our translation work will not be proof read unless you have additionally ordered our proof reading service; where you have not ordered our proof reading service, you acknowledge that the translation may not be sufficiently error-free to be publishable. 4.8 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY: (i) LOSS OF PROFIT; (ii) LOSS OF BUSINESS; (iii) LOSS OF REVENUE; OR (iv) INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS; ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. 4.9 SUBJECT TO CLAUSES 4.6 AND 6.6, SUBJECT TO CLAUSES 4.8 AND 6.6, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PEMRITTED BY LAW, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, HOWEVER ARISING, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU TO US FOR THE SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE LIABILITY ARISING.
5. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PARTIES We serve as an independent contractor to you in the performance of this Agreement. Nothing contained or implied in this Agreement creates a relationship of employer–employee between you and us nor does it create a joint venture, partnership, or similar relationship between you and us. We are free from your direction and control over the means and manner of providing the Services, subject only to your right to specify the desired results. We understand and agree that (a) we must file all corporate and/or individual tax returns and pay Federal and State taxes, as appropriate; (b) you are not responsible for withholding any income or any other taxes with respect to our fees; and (c) we have no claim against you for any employee benefits of any kind. We bear the full expenses of our operations. You are not liable to us for any expenses paid by us, unless such expenses have been agreed in advance in writing. Any reference made in this Agreement to “in writing” includes e-mail and/or facsimile communications.
6. WEB SERVICES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS 6.1 As part of the Services, we may offer you the option of supplying surveys to us for translation via software integrated with third party systems (the “Web Services”). 6.2 The Web Services are available either on an ad-hoc basis, or as part of a subscription. You are required to enter into a separate agreement with us in order to use the Web Services, and you will be asked to confirm your acceptance of that agreement when you first use the Web Services. 6.3 We offer annual subscriptions for access to the Web Services (a “Subscription Contract”). Subscription Contracts are provided on a tiered basis, each tier being associated with a certain number of translations per year and an annual price (the “Subscription Fee”). These figures are set out on our website (each a “Subscription Tier”), and your Subscription Contract is associated with the Subscription Tier you select, which determines the Subscription Fee, and the limitations on your use of the Service as provided by clause 6.4 below. 6.4 Where you have taken up a Subscription Contract you may use the Web Services to request translation of the number specified by the Subscription Tier you have selected. If you request translation of a greater number than are included in your Subscription Tier, you will be immediately upgraded to the next Subscription Tier which allows that volume of translation, and the Subscription Fee will be adjusted accordingly according to the prices published at that time on our website. 6.5 A Subscription Contract commences on the date of our Order Acceptance and continues for 12 months (the “Initial Subscription Term”), and, thereafter, that Subscription Contract shall be automatically renewed for successive periods of 12 months (each a “Renewal Period”), on the basis of your current Subscription Tier at the prices published on our website at the time of renewal, unless: (a) either party notifies the other party of termination, in writing, at least 30 days before the end of the Initial Subscription Term or the end of any Renewal Period, in which case that Subscription Contract shall terminate upon the expiry of the applicable Initial Subscription Term or Renewal Period; or (b) it is otherwise terminated in accordance with the provisions of this agreement; and the Initial Subscription Term together with any subsequent Renewal Periods shall constitute the Subscription Term. 6.6 If, during the Subscription Term, the Web Services are unavailable for a continuous period of 24 hours or more, the number of translations included within your Subscription Tier shall be increased by 1 per 24 hour period of non-availability. During such a period of non-availability, we will offer to translate for you other than through the Web Services. This clause 6.6 sets out your only remedies for non-availability of the Web Services.
7. PRICE AND PAYMENT 7.1 The basic price payable for the Services shall be as agreed in writing between us. 7.2 A further charge may apply to material we translate for you as part of the Web Services, in addition to the agreed price for the Services unless that translation is part of a Subscription Contract. 7.3 The price payable for the Services excludes tax, if applicable. 7.4 We reserve the right to apply an urgency surcharge where Services are required as a matter of urgency. 7.5 The price payable for the Services may be, at our sole option and discretion, changed or increased at any time, but changes will not affect Accepted Orders, pursuant to clause 3.1. However, please note that we reserve the right to change the price where your requirements are changed to any material extent. 7.6 You shall be liable and responsible to pay for all work undertaken by us in relation to the Services ordered. Where you subsequently instruct us to cease providing Services ordered, we shall submit an invoice in respect of all work undertaken up to and including the date of receipt of written notification of such cessation. 7.7 At our discretion from time to time, we shall invoice you: (a) Every two weeks; or (b) on completion of the performance of the Services; or (c) in the case of a Subscription Contract, on the commencement of the Subscription Contract or a Renewal Period; or (d) in the event of a change of Subscription Tier in accordance with clause 6.4, on the date of such change. 7.8 You shall pay the invoice in full and in cleared funds within 14 days of the date of the invoice. Time of payment is of the essence. 7.9 If you fail to make any payment due to us under the Agreement by the due date for payment (the “Due Date”) then, without affecting any other right or remedy we may have, we may: (a) charge you interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 1.5% (one and one-half percent) per month. Such interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the Due Date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment; and (b) suspend the provision of all or any of the Services until payment has been made in full.
8. NON-SOLICITATION 8.1 You agree that you will not, without our prior written consent, for a period of 12 months after termination of the Agreement, solicit or entice away from us or engage or attempt to engage any person who is, or has been, engaged by us as an employee, consultant or subcontractor and with whom you or your officers, employees or agents had material contact in the course of providing the Services. 8.2 In the event of a breach by you of condition 8.1, you agree to pay us a sum equivalent to 20% of the then current annual remuneration of our employee, consultant or subcontractor or, if higher, 20% of the annual remuneration to be paid by you to that employee, consultant or subcontractor.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS 9.1 Subject to the licenses described in this condition 9 and at 14.2: If a Translation is done as a “work made for hire” as that term is defined under U.S. copyright law, you own all copyrights in the work product upon full payment of the agreed fee. To the extent that a Translation does not qualify as a work made for hire, copyright remains the property of Language Connect, Inc. and such copyright is capable of being assigned or licensed by us at our discretion upon full payment of the agreed fee. 9.2 You hereby license to us, and to our sub-contractors, all (if any) intellectual property rights in any materials provided by you to the extent necessary to enable us, and our sub-contractors, to provide the Services. 9.3 You hereby grant us a license to maintain archived copies of materials provided by you and our translations thereof.
10. INDEMNIFICATION You hereby agree to indemnify us and hold harmless us and our subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, and employees (together, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against all claims, liabilities, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, and including, without limitation, claims, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from or related to third party claims against the Indemnified Parties for fraud, slander, libel, obscenity, blasphemy and infringement of third party intellectual property or other rights, arising out of or in connection with the acts, omissions, or breach of this Agreement by you, your subcontractors, employees, or agents. This provision shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
11. TERM AND TERMINATION 11.1 The Agreement shall commence on the date of our Order Acceptance and continue until the earlier of: (a) any termination of the Agreement in accordance with these Terms; and (b) once both you and we have performed our obligations under the Agreement, (such period the “Term”). 11.2 Without affecting any other right or remedy available to it, either party may terminate this agreement with immediate effect by giving written notice to the other party if: (a) the other party fails to pay any amount due under this agreement on the due date for payment and remains in default not less than 14 days after being notified in writing to make such payment; (b) the other party commits a material breach of any other term of this agreement which breach is irremediable or (if such breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within a period of 30 days after being notified in writing to do so. 11.3 On termination of a Contract for any reason: (a) all licenses granted under the Contract shall immediately terminate, save for those granted under clauses 9.3 and 14.2; and (b) each party shall return and make no further use of any equipment, property, documentation and other items (and all copies of them) belonging to the other party, save for the material you have licensed to us under clauses 9.3 and 14.2; and (c) any rights, remedies, obligations or liabilities of the parties that have accrued up to the date of termination, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of the agreement which existed at or before the date of termination shall not be affected or prejudiced. (d) Any rights expressly stated to survive termination and any rights which by their nature must survive termination in order to be given the effect intended, shall survive termination of this Agreement.
12. NOTICES AND COMMUNICATIONS 12.1 You accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically shall constitute a writing for all purposes of this Agreement where a writing is required. 12.2 All notices given by you to us must be given to Language Connect, Inc. at [email protected] or certified mail to 79 Madison Avenue, Suite 205, New York, NY, 10016. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order.
13. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL 13.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (each an “Event Outside Our Control”). 13.2 An Event Outside Our Control includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: (a) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; (b) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; (c) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; (d) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; (e) the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and (f) pandemic or epidemic. 13.3 Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Event Outside Our Control continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Event Outside Our Control to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Event Outside Our Control.
14. CONFIDENTIALITY 14.1 Each party (for the purposes of this clause, the “Receiving Party”) shall keep in strict confidence all technical or commercial know-how, specifications, inventions, processes or initiatives which are of a confidential nature and have been disclosed to it by the other party and been identified as being confidential (for the purposes of this clause, the “Disclosing Party”) or its employees, agents, consultants or sub-contractors, and any other confidential information concerning the Disclosing Party’s business or its products or services which the Receiving Party may obtain. The Receiving Party shall restrict disclosure of such confidential material to such of its employees, agents, consultants or sub-contractors as need to know it for the purpose of discharging the Receiving Party’s obligations to the Disclosing Party. 14.2 Notwithstanding clause 14.1, you acknowledge that, in the course of providing translation services to you, we will develop an internal database matching sentences or terms in one language to the translations delivered in another language. This enables us to deal with future work more efficiently, by reducing the work required of translators we engage. Material you supply and which is used in this way is only displayed to translators when a client of ours has requested translation of an identical or similar sentence or term. You hereby grant us, our successors and assigns, a perpetual, irrevocable license to use material you supply to us for this purpose.
15. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS 15.1 The Agreement is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and permitted assignees. 15.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of the Agreement, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of the Agreement, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the Term.
16. WAIVER 16.1 If we fail, at any time during the Term, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Agreement, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Agreement, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. 16.2 A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. 16.3 No waiver by us of any of these Terms will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with condition 12 above.
17. SEVERABILITY If any formal proceeding in arbitration or court or other competent authority it is decided that any of the provisions of this Agreement are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law and interpreted in light of the intent of the parties.Our website uses various cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our website. The cookies we use allow us to gauge where our visitors have come from (for example Google or LinkedIN), recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily and also assist us in deciding where to promote our services.
The cookies are stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser settings to prevent this happening. However, by disabling cookies, or certain types of cookie, you may hinder your user experience on this and other websites, or prevent them from working entirely. Please visit www.aboutcookies.org for comprehensive information about how to change your cookie settings in different web browsers.
Please note that some cookies may be placed by third party service providers who perform (or will perform) some of these functions (or other services) for us. Cookies are used on this website for the following third party services: Google Analytics, LinkedIn Follow button, Facebook Like Button, Twitter Follow button, Google +1 button, AddThis social bookmarking tool, YouTube videos. Some of these services may be used to track your behaviour on other websites and we have no control over this.
Google Analytics cookies is a website monitoring tool that allows users to see volumes of website visitors, their source and to analyse how the content on the website is viewed and navigated. This in turn allows us to optimize the website pages and marketing programmes that drive traffic to the website. Google Analytics does not store any personal information about the visitors but does use persistent cookies to identify repeat visitors. You may universally opt out of all Google Analytics tracking used by all websites by visiting the following link: https:tools.google.com/dlpage/gapoptout.
IP tools identify the business or organisations that website visitors belong to, based on reverse IP lookup and are in use on this website. These cookies are used to process this identification and personal information about individual users is stored. Cookies used by this software store information about your current web browsing session and the behavior of previous visits. This information is used by the provider and us to profile website visitors, in order to better understand the way in which our website content is viewed. It is also used to identify the types or organisations that may be interested in our products and services.
Email Marketing Tracking Cookies
These cookies are used to report of the pages of our website that have been viewed by visitors who followed links from our email campaigns. This analysis helps us to understand, improve and tailor content of interest to segments of our email contact database.
Some content may be presented using VCAB page turning technology and VCAB cookies are used to track the user experience of such content and provide insight to improve the format and layout of future versions.
By continuing to use this website without adjusting your browser’s cookie settings, you agree that we can place these cookies on your device.
As is true with most websites, our server will automatically log data regarding each visit such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We may use this information to monitor server errors, server administration or to monitor visitor behaviour. It is not possible for this to be disabled on a per-user basis so you must leave this website (and the internet entirely) if you do not agree to this happening.
This policy applies to this website: languageconnect.net and its multilingual versions and does not apply to any websites that this website may link to.
Third Party Cookies
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT This Agreement contains the complete agreement of the Parties and supersedes any and all other agreements between the Parties. By signing below, the Parties represent that neither is relying on any promise, representation, warranty, guarantee, or other statement not contained in this Contract. No amendment, change, or modification of this Contract is valid unless in writing and signed by all Parties.
19. CHOICE OF LAW The Contract, its validity, the interpretation of the rights and duties of the parties hereto and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by the law of the State of New York.
20. DISPUTE RESOLUTION In the event a dispute arises between the Parties which they are unable to resolve among themselves, the Parties agree to participate in mediation in accordance with the mediation procedures of the American Arbitration Association’s Mediation Services. The Parties agree to share the costs of such mediation. If mediation fails to resolve the dispute, the Parties agree that the dispute may be submitted to final arbitration upon written request of one Party served on the other. The arbitration will be governed by the American Arbitration Association rules for Commercial Arbitration and the venue shall be New York, NY. Judgment on the arbitrator’s award may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction.
21. NO THIRD PARTY RIGHTS This Contract is not intended for the benefit of and shall be enforceable by third parties. A person who is not party to these Terms or a Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with this Contract.
22. NO EXCLUSIVITY You acknowledge that we may perform services for other customers, persons, or companies during the term of this Agreement as we see fit, subject to our sole discretion and judgment.
Supplementary Terms and Conditions exist for Interpreter and Voice-over Services.
10% Discount Offer
Valid until 23:59 on 31/12/21, THG Fluently is offering a 10% discount to new customers and to customers who have not ordered with the business in the previous 12 months only. Total discount of up to $2,000 and can be applied to multiple projects.